It’s still quite a wait until Star Wars:Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios but here’s what we know so far.
– Opening date is currently set for 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
– It’s Set On The Planet Batuu – At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, guests visit Batuu, a remote outpost on the galaxy’s edge was once a busy crossroads along the old sub-lightspeed trade routes, but its prominence was bypassed by the rise of hyperspace travel. Now home to those who prefer to stay out of the mainstream, it has become a thriving port for smugglers, rogue traders and adventurers traveling between the frontier and uncharted space. It’s also a convenient safe haven for those intent on avoiding the expanding reach of the First Order.
– One of the land’s two signature attractions will put guests in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon, piloting the ship, shooting blasters or preparing for hyperspace – all while completing a critical mission. But how guests perform on the mission holds even bigger stakes: perform with skill and extra galactic credits may be earnt, while bringing the ship back banged up could put guests on the list of a bounty hunter. End up on Harkos’s list and this may become a problem when showing up at the local cantina.
– A Second Attraction Planned for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Puts Guests On A Star Destroyer – This attraction, built on a scale Disney has never done before, will make guests feel like they’re inside a hangar bay in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance.
– A Cantina Will Serve Up Blue Milk – Only one food and beverage item has been announced for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge so far and that’s the blue milk Luke Skywalker made famous in “Star Wars IV: A New Hope.”
– Expect To See Characters From A Galaxy Far, Far Away – Guests will also encounter many familiar faces inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, including BB-8, Chewbacca, members of the First Order and – among many others – Rex, the troublesome pilot from the previous version of a certain Disney attraction who takes on a new role in this land as the DJ at the cantina.
– The Land Will Feature Marketplaces & New Toys – Imagineers looked to the exotic markets of Istanbul and Marrakech for inspiration for the land’s marketplace, where guests can explore a rich collection of shops and merchant stalls. One stall will be overseen by a Toydarian, a creatures fans first encountered on Tatooine in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.” Here, guests will be able to discover all kinds of fun toys straight out of the Star Wars galaxy.
– Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Merchandise Has Already Been Released – The first Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge merchandise, available at select locations around Walt Disney World Resort, was released in December. The line currently consists of an assortment of men’s and women’s T-shirts, hats and more that feature faces and places familiar to Star Wars fans, including the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge logo, the Millennium Falcon, BB-8, DJ Rex and more. A portion of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model is currently on display at the end of the Walt Disney Presents exhibit at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.