Owners of the I-Drive 360 entertainment complex on International Drive have revealed a new name for its towering 400-foot centerpiece, the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, which is now ICON Orlando.
An innovative marketing campaign is encouraging guests to “Find their Iconic Moment” at the 18-acre complex, which has also been renamed ICON Orlando 360. “Since opening three years ago, the observation wheel has become an instantly recognizable part of the Central Florida landscape and a catalyst for growth along the I-Drive corridor,” said, vice president of marketing, sales and public affairs at ICON Orlando 360.
“As such, the new ICON Orlando name makes perfect sense as we introduce some key changes and position this iconic structure for the future.”
The new ICON Orlando 360 will be adding several new “ICONic” experiences in the coming months, including:
• ICONic Annual Pass – Guests can enjoy 365 days of ICONic fun for only $69 (plus tax). Price includes unlimited entrance to the ICON Orlando. Annual pass holders can also bring a friend at a discounted rate.
• 7/14-Day Trade Ticket – Trade Partners can now offer their visitors added flexibility to their vacation with a 7-day or 14-day ticket that includes unlimited visits to ICON Orlando
• Enhanced Fully Immersive Capsules – ICON Orlando capsules will soon include Wi-Fi, as well as customized immersive experiences allowing guests the opportunity to personalize their flight.
• FUN IN THE SKY: Private Party Capsule – For adults only, the private party capsule features complimentary beer/wine and a private bartender for up to 10 guests. Guest can also upgrade to a second rotation and enjoy the flight a little longer.
• ICONic Every Night: Nightly Light Show – Coming later this year, ICON Orlando will come alive even more with enhanced synchronized nightly display incorporating the courtyard fountains.
Other changes on the horizon at ICON Orlando 360 include the new high-tech Justice League: A Call for Heroes experience at Madame Tussauds Orlando and the Orlando StarFlyer, a massive swing ride that will give extreme thrill seekers one-of-a-kind, open-air views from 425 feet above the ground (opens June 1st).